Sunday, May 3, 2009

There is one thing better than a Fisticuff


That's two Fisticuffs! Yep,I got mine put together this week. I headed out this morning to join up with local roadie group ride. I was a little apprehensive about joining up with these guys with my single speed and having them on their high $ carbon fiber road bikes. I've never ridden that far on a single speed on the road before( 60 miles) but I've ridden with these guys many times before, so I knew what the pace would be like. After about 10 miles, I was sitting in, no problem. We hit quite few bigger hills and I was able to hang with the front group, no problem! Towards the end of the ride, I had several guys comment how surprised that they were that I was able to hang on a single speed.
I had so much fun on the Fisticuff that it's going to be my main road bike for the summer.

2 comments:

F.W. Adams said...

I lapped a geared road rider on my single speed mountain bike last season--felt kind of fun in an evil sort of way--same for you? ;o)

Peace and happy trails!

muddytrail said...

What gearing are you using on the road?