Friday, August 20, 2010

MNMBS/WORS #8 Bontrager Border Battle






The border battle is our biggest race of the series. This year there were nearly 700 racers and almost 250 in our race. This was also the hottest race that I ever remember doing. I decided to hold back a little at the start because of the heat.
That tactic payed off on the last lap as started catching the guys who got ahead of me at the start. The heat was starting to take it's toll on all the racers, I was in a good spot to over take the guy who was running in 2nd when I clipped a tree with my bar and found myself laying in the middle of the trail looking at the sky. I quickly remounted and still finished in 3rd.
Zach also had a good and finished a close 4th place, beating me by almost two minutes.
We were totally cooked after the race, we just sat here for awhile and took turns pouring water over our heads.

No comments: