Sunday, July 6, 2008

WORS #6

Well it was off to the races again today, but this time by myself. Zach left for a week of wrestling camp today, so half of my team was missing for the race. I decided to try a WORS ( Wisconsin off road series) race. The race was about three times as big as the MNSCS race we've been doing, 149 racers in my race.
The first mile of the race was Flat dusty double track. I was running 34-18 and I was getting smoked. I found a guy I could hang with and drafted him until the first hill and then I could start passing. It was a fun race, lots of fast single track. I took 3rd in my age group by out sprinting the the guy who took 4th just before the line.
This is the second race that I have run a WTB Vulpine as a rear tire and it is fast becoming my favorite for dry conditions.
The sprint to the line, about 160 r.p.m.

2 comments:

dg hills said...

Super spin hyper sprint. I check in on your blog on a regular basis. See you in a few weeks. Doug

MCF said...

Awesome! Congrats Steve....Tell Zach to have fun at camp!